Welcome to Hardeeville City Employment Information
CLERK OF COURT
CITY OF HARDEEVILLE
The City of Hardeeville is actively seeking a candidate for Clerk of Court
Duties include but not limited to:
- Opens the Clerk of Court’s Office for business
- Handles incoming phone calls for Municipal Court and the Police Department
- Receipts and processes payments made to the Municipal Court using the Court Management System
- Processes refunds of court fines or bond money as needed
- Disperses information and messages to the Municipal Court and Police Department as needed
- Inputs Municipal Court tickets and dispositions using the Court Management System
- Schedules and organizes pending jury trials for the Municipal Court
- Schedules and organizes preliminary hearings for the Municipal Court
- Schedules cases that are remanded from the Jasper County Solicitor’s Office
- Assists the municipal judges during traffic court
- Assists the municipal judges during bond hearings
- Assists the Senior Municipal Judge in the preparation of arrest and search warrants
- Reschedules municipal court cases and notifies parties involved
- Compiles and disseminates monthly Municipal Court reports to S.L.E.D.
- Performs clerical duties and special tasks assigned by the municipal judges
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Must have attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual a plus
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume highlighting experience and references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; U.S. mail to City of Hardeeville, PO Box 609, Hardeeville, SC 29927, Attention: City Clerk: or faxed to (843) 784-6384. The City of Hardeeville is a drug free/smoke free workplace. The City of Hardeeville is an EOE employer and an E-Verify user; all applicants considered for employment must submit to a background check and urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to offer of employment. Resumes accepted through end of business October 17, 2014.
The City of Hardeeville is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. This is a uniformed position assigned to the Patrol Division. All Officers participate and work in support of the department’s philosophy of Community Oriented Policing, Customer Service Leadership and Problem Solving. Work is performed on a rotating twelve hour shift configuration including weekends. Minimum qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent. Law Enforcement Officer Certification preferred, bi-lingual preferred. Applicants will be subject to a thorough background investigation to include criminal, driving record and credit histories. Must possess a valid SC Driver’s License with no DUI or Driving Under Suspension in the past ten years. Upon a conditional offer of employment, the successful applicant must undergo a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to employment. Applications must be on the City of Hardeeville employment application forms. Resumes may accompany the application. Position vacancies remain open until filled. Applications are available at the Hardeeville Police Department, 26 Martin Street, Hardeeville, S.C. Completed applications should be returned to the attention of Chief Sam Woodward, P.O. Box 582, Hardeeville, S.C. 29927. EOE.
The City of Hardeeville is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify user.