2019 Business License Renewals:
The City of Hardeeville is now accepting Business License renewal applications for 2019.
The City updated the Business License Ordinance to make it consistent with recommendations from the Municipal Association of South Carolina (MASC). MASC has developed a model business license ordinance that helps standardize the renewal process throughout the State.
These changes will impact your 2019 renewal as follows:
• In June of 2018, Council approved a 5% rate reduction for Business License taxes.
• The tax year will change from the calendar year (Jan 01 - Dec 31) to May 01 - April 30th. To make the change as smooth as possible your 2019 Business License will run from January 1, 2019, until April 30, 2020. Calculations for the license fee will still be based on your prior calendar year gross receipts
• The new due date for your renewal is April 30, 2019. 10% penalties will start accruing after April 30th.
If your company has an email address on file the renewal letter was emailed on December 27th, and the letters will go out on December 28th. You may also access the renewal packet below or pick up an application in person at City Hall, 205 Main Street.
If you need further assistance, please contact Cynthia Oliver at 843-784-2231. Thank you.
Any business, including a home based business, that is located in, or performs work in the City of Hardeeville is required by the Business License Ordinance Section 11-15 through 11-43 to purchase a business license each year. The annual licenses are valid from January 1st through December 31st each year. Renewals are due by April 15th of each year to avoid penalties and collection procedures. Temporary one-time licenses are issued when appropriate and are valid only for the event or job for which they are issued.
If you need assistance, contact Cynthia Oliver at 843-784-2231 or by email.
Business License Forms
- A - Credit Card Authorization (PDF)
- B-1 - New Business License 2019 (PDF)
- B-2 - Business License Renewal Application 2019 (PDF)
- MASC Standardized Business License Application for Contractors (PDF)
- Sub Contractor Roster (PDF)
- Business Operation Status Change
- Checklist for a New Business (PDF)
- Checklist for Change of Ownership (PDF)
- Licencia nueva aplicacion-espanol (new business)-2019 (PDF)
- Licencia renovacion aplicacion-espanol (renewal) 2019 (PDF)
- Classification and Rate Schedule June 2018-Current (PDF)
- Classification and Rate Schedule-Quick Reference-Current (PDF)